A beautiful way to decorate your office and house is using canvas prints which by the way are becoming very popular. The stretched ones can bring an effect similar to gallery art due to the feeling that the prints bring as you can feel them jump from the wall and gives a pleasurable view and depth perception.
There are a lot of options to choose your canvas prints from but it can be hard to choose the one to order to be the perfect decor for your wall. Now I am giving you ten tips to help you choosing the perfect canvas prints for your decor.
• Get one to complete the mood of the room : You should know the purpose of the room before getting the canvas print. It differs from a private to a guest entertaining room. What if the purpose of the room is relaxing, a hallway or performing tasks? Also the size of the room, all the previously mentioned stuff is important to know the type of the canvas art.
• Neutral and vibrant colors and the psychology of them : Neutral colors bring a calming effect but the vibrant ones add action and excitement to the room atmosphere. If you want a canvas art for a fast-paced office use some blue colors. For your kids room or an art studio use yellow. Mellow green or neutral beige is great for a doctor’s or a retreat room.
• Open up small spaces by landscape art : Distant horizons work great if you want to open up some space. It will add a comfy atmosphere to the place in addition it will add width to the room.
• Size of the print depends on the wall size : For a narrow wall get smaller canvas prints and vice versa. If you choose a big print for a small wall, it will make the room look smaller. The opposite will make the room look empty. Use painters tape to test the ideal size of the print and tape them on the wall to mark the outside boundaries of the canvas print on the wall.
• Depending on your expected furniture, select your canvas print : The size and theme of the canvas print depends on the furniture you will hang the print next to or over. If it will be hanged then the print size mustn’t be longer than the furniture width. A known principle is choosing art that equals 75% of the furniture width.
• How you plan to use the canvas art will affect the choosing of the canvas print : Gallery, black sides, standard and triptychs wrap are the most known canvas print types.
• Display art using shelves and mantles : You don’t have to be hung or stand alone on your wall you can use art shelves and mantles for art presentation.
• Add a dimension to your décor by using arrangements : Several prints can be aligned next to each other to fill any space on a wall.
• Use an odd number of prints in your decor : It will create a symmetrical design with peripheral and central focus points. But it must be balanced to fit the room and wall size.
• Hanging art at height that is optimal will increase the pleasure of the view : The center of the canvas print should be at eye-level of an average person. The average is about 60-65 inches. These were all the points you need to know about canvas prints.