Living in small quarters doesn’t mean you have to give up the amenities that come from inhabiting a large home. Multi-functional furniture can provide you with all luxury that is in big homes. Below are 8 ideas that will need to be included when furnishing small rooms.
1. The most important thing to note when you intend to furnish your small room is to not clutter the space and try to remove all items that you don’t need. Try to write a list of the essentials you need in the room and stick to those.
2. The best way to free up space without compromising on having friends and family stay over is to get a sofa bed as it can be used as a comfortable lounge and it can also be doubled as a guest bed.
3. Using a square ottoman in your living room can provide you with extra space as a square ottoman is considered a versatile piece of furniture as you can use it as an extra seat when you are entertaining people.
4. If you have a lot of guests visiting you permanently, then you need to get chaise lounge chairs because they double as a place for reclining and for extra seating when needed.
5. To create the illusion of more space, paint the walls of your rooms in white and light shades.
6. Mirrors have a great impact especially on small areas so try to hang some pretty mirrors strategically in your small home as they reflect the lights and give the impression of a room being larger than it really is.
7. To make your living room seem bigger, hang an over-size framed mirror on the wall and place a rectangular glass top coffee table in the center of the room.
8. Finally, always go for furniture that has a built-in storage facility. If you are searching for more suggestions about 8 smart space-saving solutions and storage ideas, look at the images below.
Pics Via : int-interior